SQL Server Denali is adding the following new features in the DB Engine to support storage and management of unstructured data:
1) Lots of performance and scale work in Full-Text Search!
2) Customizable NEAR in FTS
3) The ability to search only within document properties instead of the full document
4) Semantic Similarity Search between documents. This provides you the ability to answer questions such as: "Find documents that talk about the same thing as this other document!"
5) Better scalability and performance for FileStream data, including the ability to store the data in multiple containers
6) Full Win 32 application compatibility for unstructured data stored in a new table called FILETABLE. You create a Filetable and can drag and drop your documents into the database and run your favorite Windows applications on them (e.g., Office, Windows Explorer).