- Parameterized reports
- Linked reports
- Snapshot reports
- Cached reports
- Ad hoc reports
- Clickthrough reports
- Drilldown reports
- Drillthrough reports
The categories of reports that I see from a development / production aspect are as below:
- Business Users authored reports: Ad hoc reports and Clickthrough reports can be classified in this category of reports.
- Performance Boosters: Cached reports and Snapshot reports can be classified in this category of reports.
- Data / Problem Decomposition: Drill-down and Drill-through reports can be classified in this category of reports. These are probably the reports of maximum value for business users.
- Business As Usual: Parameterized reports are the most common kind of reports, and can be classified in BAU category.
- Reusable / Versioned reports: Subreports and Linked reports can be classified in this category. These are probably the most focused category of reports from a development perspective.
For more detail on the types of reports in SSRS 2008 R2, a very detailed explanation can be read on MSDN from here.